Sunday, February 24, 2008
A call went out this week from Bev Bennett in Alaska for some more quilt tops for the Sunshine Quilters Yahoo Group. The call was for quilts for Wrap a Smile quilts. I was working with Baby Genius on the right and had some scrappy pieces I was using up, so I got these two done this weekend and worked on the row quilts. I've one other that may fit into the box, but I'm still working on it. I also finished the back for another quilt for this month's Syracuse Humanitarian Quilt Club that meets this coming Friday. Wanted to have all ducks in a row as I'll be taking Mom to the hospital on Wednesday of this week. Baby Genius was done using charm squares in what is called a disappearing nine patch. It seemed awfully busy, so I added the borders between to divide it up a bit. Granddaughter liked it when she came by, so I think it does stimulate the child to think and recognize shapes and colors etc. See http://quiltsatcs.blogspot.com/2007/04/disappearing-9-patch-tutorial.html for instructions.