Tuesday, December 30, 2008


HAPPY BLOCKS! I started cutting the blocks for some happy blocks yesterday and this morning I sewed a few. There are only 15 centers for this batch of cute zoo animals and I'm not sure yet, how I'll set them as this isn't enough for a quilt, but maybe would be enough for a baby quilt. We'll see. I've been sorting my fabrics and I don't have many I can use for centers for these. I finally cut some Laurel Burch butterflies that I've had for about 9 years. I wasn't sure how to use it. So I cut some 4 1/2 inch squares of which, I can use the centers for happy blocks and could even use the other centers for an Ohio Star pattern. Cutting is hard work for me because I have to stand and my knee starts to hurt and then before I really notice, it seems to lock up on me and then I spend some time on the couch with an ice pack. I get so into what I'm doing that sometimes I don't take care of my "old" body. *sigh*
pat

No comments: