Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Disappearing Nine Patch Instructions

Before Starting: Choose three
coordinating fabrics. I bought these a while back. The light blue was in remnant pieces of a third yard, but I did have enough. I had enough left to make a small border (light) and some 2 1/2 inch squares (dark blue).

From here on out, I'm using some
photos I had saved in my folder from another yahoo group. I'm in a bind this week and need to get some other things done, so I won't be able to finish this as planned.

Step 1: Cut WOF x 6 inches
Number them #1. 2 strips, #2. 3 strips #3. 4 strips



Step 2: Sew strips



Step 2-a
You'll have 3 units: #1-2-3, # 1-2-3, # 2-3-2




Step 3: Press seams and cut into 6 inch strips




Step 4: Make 9 patch blocks





Step 5: Cut into quarters




Step 6: Switch blocks with #1 fabric




Step 7: Sewn block--you should have 7 total



Step 8: This picture shows 4 blocks sewn together. There will be some blocks left over. Two of these can be sewn together for a bigger quilt. This 9 strip quilt makes a lap quilt suitable for WTIL or WAS
A border can be added.


Here's a completed one that I did and quilted myself with just basic quilting and then tying in the middle. I just have a regular short arm, so no pretty quilting here... And another sent off to Bev in Alaska...

No comments: