Monday, January 12, 2009
The quilt at the left is from leftover 2 1/2 inch squares that I cut from the happy blocks. It is 4 rows by 5 rows and would look better if it had one more row, so I'm going to look through my few leftovers and see if there are enough to make one more square of sixteen, as I have one left over. I think it would balance out and then have black squares in each corner. I was auditioning fabric for the border. I'm going to cut a 1 1/2 inch border of bright yellow, then add a 2 1/2 or 3 inch border of blue.
This is my sewing room. I've got several types of brights started as blocks for different type kid friendly quilts. The split nine patch was sent to me in a group of four for a now defunct yahoo group. She didn't want them back. I didn't think I had any brights, but on New Years when I was looking for borders I found quite a few. I have an order that I'm waiting on to get some more. I love shopping from that company, but the delay of the fabrics getting here is unreal. I think I'll call them today if it doesn't get here.