Thursday, August 27, 2009

No Time to Quilt


Today's List:
1. Fix some jeans bought a little over a month ago, because they're getting too big. DONE!
2. Get to that bucket of tomatoes before they go bad. Bottled 8 jars of juice! DONE!
3. Make pickled beets from a bag of beets my hubby brought in. DONE!
4. Now on to making some salsa. I think I've got the recipe where I like it. It's been so long since I've canned anything that this has been a stretch for me. I have a flat ceramic top stove and don't have a canning kettle any more, so I've been doing things I can to preserve some of our bounty. The beets tasted a bit sweet. I followed a recipe that I used in 1967 and it called for 2 cups sugar to 2 cups vinegar. I cut the sugar to 1 cup and it still tasted sweet. I guess we've been changing our tastes over the years.
Don't know when I'll get back into quilting. Maybe next week. Last week my quilter, Judy brought some quilts she'd finished by and when I get them bound, I'll put them up on the blog. I have a busy weekend and we pulled some of the tomato plants so maybe next week!

No comments: