Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Stars and Strings


A couple of years ago when joining an online group called "Quilted with Love", I joined a swap that was to make stars out of blue with a tan background. Of course I made more than I needed. I kept looking for a fabric that would go with what I picked and never found just what I wanted. They've sat in a drawer for 2 years.
Then I got some stars from a birthday block swap and added them to the stash and since I've been in a "stringing" mood lately, I made some 9 1/2" blocks from strings.
The quilt top measures 55 1/2 inches by 75 inches with 5 squares across and 7 down. There's a 2 inch and a 4 inch border to complete the top.

1 comment:

LindaSue said...

You really have a way with picking colors and patterns. Wish I had that skill. Another great looking gal. I have to get busy.

Think I am just maybe starting to feel a little better.

Question? Do you know anything about a company called Lewis Stages. It is a tour bus company based out of SLC. When we come out Sandy is going to talk to them about a job.