Sunday, September 27, 2009

Waste Not Want Not Blocks


I started these blocks as an exchange, but after trading one time, I decided not to. To me, it's not worth the postage to exchange and then get some blocks that can't be used. So I just started making 2 1/2 inch four squares and 4 1/2 inch HST's and saving them. Yesterday, I started placing some together and they're going to look great. Sometimes I'm a bit "challenged" at doing a scrappy quilt, but I think I'm going to like it. I put most in with a beige/off white background, but some have a white background and all in all I think it will work. I've got 8 big 4 square blocks made and they are safely folded on a hanger waiting for me to finish more. The challenge is to make many different scraps and I do tend to have way too many "fall" colors. Don't have many blues or reds, but I'll just keep saving and piecing and one day it will be ready to make into a quilt top.

No comments: