Thursday, October 8, 2009

Another Heartstrings Completed



This top was started earlier this week and I've completed it and a backing. The fabric choice came from the mini floral teal that was donated and I added some brown and teal Kona to match, as well as other fabrics from my stash.  Didn't have enough fabric for the backing unless I pieced it. I started it with the Off Center 4 Patch Backing http://www.maryquilts.com/off-center-4-patch-backing/and still didn't have enough fabric. So, I improvised using strips to make up the width I needed.  as I got going on this quilt, I wanted it to be big enough to cover an adult or teen if they needed a bed quilt.



This will be quilted by my quilter, Judy,
when she can get to it. Her father just
passed away and she will
need time to adjust to not having him
to care for. There's no hurry on my
end--so it'll go in the closet for now.

This is a fairly big quilt, and will be donated
to the Family Connections Center in Clearfield.










No comments: