Thursday, October 15, 2009

Heartstrings Quilted!


From the ability coming from completely quilting a quilt yesterday, came the desire to take a bigger, heavier quilt and run it through my machine and quilt it too.  I used a method found by visiting blogs on the quilters fall festival,  see: http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/2009/10/presenting.html  I found out about a method using the walking foot to quilt, so without purchasing the book, Foolproof Machine Quilting by Mary Mashuta, and and reading just a bit from the "inside the book" at Amazon I just decided to try what I could and I came out with some wavy quilting in the borders and in the black strips.  It was a very easy method and one I can use and save paying for longarm quilting on so many donation quilts.  I'm actually quite happy with the results.  Now, just waiting to wash and dry it.  The book is on my want list, but not really NEEDED just now--just on a WANT list! 

4 comments:

Cricket said...

Good going, Pat! Your quilt is beautiful and I love your choice of fabrics. I applaud you for researching how to quilt this quilt and then actually doing it. Isn't it nice to grow?
Cricket

Katalin said...

Gyönyörű dolgokat készítesz! Szívesen megismernélek. :o)

QuiltSue said...

This is a great quilt. I love it.

Pat said...

Koeszoenoem! Katalin!
And thank you Cricket and Sue.