Sunday, October 25, 2009
Heartstrings Top Completed
I tried making diamond heartstrings from some brights and some ABC fabric I had. I'm not sure if I like it. It seems bright enough to make some child happy, I hope. The backing caused me some trouble when quilting, but after I picked out the two bad lines and re-pinned it, and it worked okay. This is already in a box waiting for another quilt, and I'll send it to Mountain Baby Quilt Project. I made 12 black and red 12 1/2 inch blocks for Sunshine this morning. I found some 3 1/2 inch squares and made them into a Buckeye block and got them all sealed into an envelope before taking a picture. Oh well--black and red always looks good together, but it isn't my favorite combination, so I was glad to use up the red with white and a touch of black. Don't have much red in my stash! Especially the true red that requires a white combo. I usually use an off white. I did however, buy some pure white for my stash when a local quilt store had a quitting business sale.