Sunday, October 25, 2009

Heartstrings Top Completed



I tried making diamond heartstrings from some brights and some ABC fabric I had.  I'm not sure if I like it.  It seems bright enough to make some child happy, I hope.  The backing caused me some trouble when quilting, but after I picked out the two bad lines and re-pinned it, and it worked okay.  This is already in a box waiting for another quilt, and I'll send it to Mountain Baby Quilt Project.  I made 12 black and red 12 1/2 inch blocks for Sunshine this morning.  I found some 3 1/2 inch squares and made them into a Buckeye block and got them all sealed into an envelope before taking a picture.  Oh well--black and red always looks good together, but it isn't my favorite combination, so I was glad to use up the red with white and a touch of black.  Don't have much red in my stash!  Especially the true red that requires a white combo.  I usually use an off white.  I did however, buy some pure white for my stash when a local quilt store had a quitting business sale.

1 comment:

LindaSue said...

Glad to hear you had a good trip with your mom. And that you got home safely.

Awful pretty quilt there gal. Today I finished up a bunch of crumb and strings that I had in process. Making both 4 inch and 6 1/2 in both. Gives me a little variety. With the 4 inch I thought I could add a solid border and pair them up with the 6 1/2 for a little different look. Will work this week at putting them together. Also have a lot of 4 patch done with the shirt material a neighbor had given me. Will work on those too and get some more tops put together.

I finished the baby quilt for the new to be granddad. Finished the top for daughter's friend. Had taken a jelly roll last year and cut them into short stripe. Put that together into a top this week too. Came out the size for a twin bed. Am going to look for another jelly roll of the same material and try to finish the top into a queen size. If not I will just finish as is.

Question. Do you buy your batting ( and what kind do you use ) in bulk. I know I can order online from JoAnn's in the box. You must go thru a lot of batting with all the quilts you make. As soon as work picks up for Sandy I am going to order a box from JoAnn's.

Better go cause it is late and I am tired. You take care and get some rest too.

Write to me when you can.