Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Playing at quilting






Yesterday, I finished the sunflower quilt, by quilting it on my machine.  It was great fun!  I'm really starting to like quilting--didn't think I ever would.

The black quilt was begun from seeing the black print in my stash and wondering if the crumb blocks would go with it.  A little experimentation and voila--a new quilt.  I quilted it also.

I need to take a break for a couple of days.  I need to take my mom and look at some housing possibilities for her in St. George, UT.  Don't know if she'll really make the change, but the house she's been in since the early 60/s is just too big and too much work for her.  Moving after all that time is a pretty big thing for her to do, and I don't know if she really will.  However, we'll give it a try.

1 comment:

LindaSue said...

Mornin gal. I bought one of those special quilting foot things for my little Bernina. Have not used it yet cause I don't know how and I have never machine quilted. You are giving me hope. Maybe I will try it on something small. The ladies at the quilt store said it takes a little learning curve and just to practice. They called it freehand or I could mark it with a stencil and do it that way.
So take care and stay warm. Good Luck with your mom. Would St George be farther away or closer to you. Just curious why down there?

Later