Friday, November 6, 2009

Quilted, Washed and Passed the Snuggle Test





WowEEE!  I'm back from a short vacation and quickly fixing my lack of sewing!  I quilted the pink one earlier today and actually bound the blue one while on our trip.  So glad to be home.  It's always fun to go, but for me home is really where I love to be.  The blue quilt used up my leftovers of minky.  I tried the binding in that as well as an edging around the pinwheels.  I used up what I had and couldn't purchase any more of the brown.  I still have some of the various blues and maybe I'll make them into a string quilt after I find some brown that blends with it.  The pink turned out a good size for a baby quilt and it is an easy pattern to make and it has some variation in the colors to make it interesting.  It has a cotton poly batting and the blue has a polyester batting.  Overall, my preference is the 80/20 blend.  I'm making an order soon for a bolt of it so that I have some on hand. 

1 comment:

LindaSue said...

Glad to see you back up and running. I have a new phone and will email you the number.

It has a camera and I can take videos as soon as I learn how.

Later Hubs