Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Warm Quilt!



I just finished the binding on this quilt.  It was a heavy one!  Almost more than I could do on my sewing set-up.  I used a twin blanket for the batting and I didn't think it felt very heavy, but added to the strings on a foundation and the size of it, it was hard to sew.  I tried some circles in the middle (eye) of the strings, and it was a bit awkward and didn't turn out quite like I envisioned, but I didn't want to pick them out, so I left them.  I just need to wash it and make sure nothing comes unraveled.  This hasn't turned out to be one of my favorites, but when it's completed, it looks a lot better, than when it was in the "working" stages.  

2 comments:

Mary said...

I think it looks great -- might have been easier to tie it with the foundation and the blanket. I'm sure that was HEAVY and the circles must have been really challenging with all that weight.

Enjoy the *slow-down* over the holidays. I tend to work like a demon when I'm home but then get a break when I'm traveling so it all works out for me.

Kucki68 said...

I like how it turned out. But then blue will get me everytime...