Thursday, November 19, 2009

What I'm working on in my spare time--maybe even today!


In the process of trying to clean up my sewing for the company coming next week, I came upon my started crumb blocks.  I thought I'd try them for Christmas presents, and added a border to a handtowel--I added it to the yellow and liked the yellow in there so much that I added some yellow to the crumbs.  I didn't like the hand towel that much, so I decided to make placemats and a table topper.  I had just enough to use up the beaters and the egg fabric to make a table topper and 3 placemats--one for DH and DH's mother and me.  Now just to add the batting and backing and then I'll quilt them.


Guess I'm going to have to break down and go to the chiropractor.  Hate to part with the $45--but I can't sit at the machine for very long and that just doesn't work too well.

2 comments:

QuiltSue said...

I love the colour combinations there.

LindaSue said...

I agree with you on the Peace day. Why not have a no war day. Or maybe a no killing day. Bet we could figure out a whole bunch of good stuff to last the whole year. Like make sure every child is fed day. No old person alone day. I could go on and on. Couldn't you?

I miss you gal and sure wish I could visit. Hubby went to St Simon Island last weekend. This weekend he is in Orlando. I am not complaining just think I am in a little slump. Kinda down. My daughter is not calling me or anything. She doesn't know ( I am afraid to think that maybe she does ) how much this hurts me. Tried to lay down and all I could do was cry so got up and back on the computer.

I should be sewing. Am supposed to go to a baby shower tomorrow but I won't. I am not good with people and feel so nervous around strangers. Sounds crazy doesn't it. If it was nursing stuff I would be right in the middle of it. Can't understand what makes me like this. Thursday we are supposed to go to Gulf Shores for dinner. I dread the being around all hubby's folks. Again I am so nervous. Makes me talk too much and then I feel stupid.

Ok enough of this down on me stuff.

How are you? Not too cold, here last night 36, tonight 47 so far. So I am alone and cold. Going to get out the electric blanket and get toasty. Sounds good right?

Ok later Take care Stay warm Hugs Linda