Monday, December 28, 2009

Dr. Oz proclaimed, 'The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started and have never finished.'


So, I looked around my house to see all the things I started and hadn't finished, and before leaving the house yesterday, I finished off a bottle of White Zinfandel, a bottle of Tequila, a package of Oreos, the remainder of my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some Doritos, and a box of chocolates. You have no idea how good that felt.

Just kidding....

Yesterday, I did start combing my stash and putting UFO's into zip lock bags and now I have 17 starts all in one place.  Some, I'll be making into to scrap quilts and some into string quilts.

I did start a few yellow/blue blocks for a lotto at sunshine quillting yahoo group, but I sewed the blocks with the scraps of a particular blue that I had and decided to make it into a top--I'll use up the remainder of that yellow  (WAA HOOO!) and set it aside for a back. 

This year, my goal is to only buy what I need to complete all these starts that I have!  I realized that my purchases will be mostly for backs as I'll need to do something to coordinate that!  I have lots to keep me busy!



No comments: