Monday, December 21, 2009

We're Socked In~~So I Might as Well Sew!


It is just frightful outside.  It's still so foggy outside that I can't even see past our field in the back to see if school is in session.  Luckily, I have everything done that needs doing.  We shopped yesterday for any Christmas Dinner things we might need, and I don't mind staying indoors.  I have asthma, so I notice when there is a shortage of oxygen in the air.  So for now, I'm doing a bit of pillow work!


This fabric is some my sister gave me from leftovers of decorating.  I have a couple of pillows that need to be re-covered.  I'm trying:  
 http://cadouri-din-inima.blogspot.com/search/label/quilting%20tutorial as a way to use up these stripes and make them interesting pillows.


This picture shows the cut.


This picture shows  after the cut and the placement for the seam:



This picture shows another way to cut into the stripe.  The square will be different, as it will show more blue. 

No comments: