Thursday, February 4, 2010

Another Heartstrings Completed--UFO # 10 completed

One more UFO to completion today!  I started quilting this Tuesday,  but just finished the binding.  There was a flaw in the fabric that I didn't find until I started putting the strips on and then I saw the maybe 1/4 inch hole in the fabric that went intermittedly all the way down the fabric.  Luckily I didn't need to rip out too many seams and I successfully fixed it with a seam and then did the same with the backing which has a seam all the way down--but that's no big deal.  I cut the flaw out of the remaining fabric so I don't forget it's there.  I think I bought this at a store closing and got it for a good deal, so it's not like I was scammed or anything.  Just glad nothing needed to be done after it was quilted.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Isn't it terrible to find a flaw after you've already used the fabric. I found one in a backing I'd pieced recently and I was lucky that I could just sew a random quilt block over it to cover the flaw and then quilted the top.

Alycia said...

I am totally loving it though - great use of the colors!

QuiltSue said...

I love the quilt, especially the colours.

Kathie said...

very cute.