Saturday, March 13, 2010

Another UFO completed!

Yesterday I completed another UFO.  This one I finished piecing on New Years and I finally got a backing fabric.  Completed size is 60 X 60 so it was a bit larger than I usually do, but I worked it through my machine.  The backing is turquoise and I felt I needed white on the top and I think I'll be more careful about choosing two colors of thread again.  Sometimes the turquoise showed through to the white.  Not too bad, but enough that it was a bit troublesome.  This is the quilt that sent my bobbin flying, and after getting my machine back, it was much easier to quilt.

I've been a bit under the weather and not feeling like doing much.  I did finish up some blocks for Sunshine, using the Laurel Burch dog fabric.  I have a small piece left for some blocks for the July lotto, but now Laurel Burch is nearly gone from my stash.  The next "famous" fabric I have is "Very Hungry Caterpillar".  Don't know when I'll get around to that.

Here is the "flimsy" or the quilt top before quilting.

3 comments:

QuiltSue said...

A lovely cheerful quilt.

Glad the sewing machine is recovered now, and hope you are soon.

Mary said...

It can be challenging to get strongly contrasting threads to work without seeing any pokies. I tend to use the thread color I need on the front and either the same thread or something close in value on the back rather than try to match both the front and back.

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on your finish, esp as you are quilting on your DSM. I have a 60x60 quilt ready to baste, but I'm not looking forward to the quilting as, like you, it is bigger than I usually quilt :)