Monday, March 1, 2010

Totals for 2010--So Far!

Okeedokee--here's what I've been working on for the first two months of 2010.
January--9 total UFO's to completion
February--9 UFO's to completion and one WHIMM (work hidden in my mind) completed.
Blocks sent to Sunshine for assembly for quilts for either WAS or WTIL--14 I think--I didn't keep very good track on that one and I didn't keep a photo.  (Actually I have the March blocks done and counted in that total.)

Seems like when the weather is bad outside, I spend my time sewing and sewing.  Now we're having a few sunny days and I'm really getting spring fever!

The quilt pictured here started from leftovers that I purchased of the Bears!  It is actually UFO #18.  I made happy squares and used them in a quilt or two for Sunshine and had Bev in Alaska quilt them and send them on to either Wrapped in Smiles or Wrap Them in Love.  I had a few happy blocks left and a major piece of the bear fabric and just enough of the black and tan checks to make a strippy quilt.  The fabric I used for the back is actually a very nice fabric I bought at a LQS in Durango, CO for another project, but after it sat for awhile the project just didn't ring any bells for me and so I just used it up as a backing.  Luckily I had some blender that I could use for a binding!  I tried doing some heart quilting across the top.  I used a stencil for the design and it came out just "okay" but not too bad.  Some stencil designs lend themselves to quilting better than others.  I just free motioned the rest of the quilt in loops and curves.  I outlined the bears at the bottom.

I sandwiched some UFO's ready to quilt, but, they are awaiting my wrist healing a bit from overuse.  I started some piecing on a new project~~Yippee!  Something new!  I'm going to have to find some fabric to use as borders etc.    ...Will post pictures later!

1 comment:

QuiltSue said...

Woww, you have been busy this year.