Okeedokee--here's what I've been working on for the first two months of 2010.
January--9 total UFO's to completion
February--9 UFO's to completion and one WHIMM (work hidden in my mind) completed.
Blocks sent to Sunshine for assembly for quilts for either WAS or WTIL--14 I think--I didn't keep very good track on that one and I didn't keep a photo. (Actually I have the March blocks done and counted in that total.)
Seems like when the weather is bad outside, I spend my time sewing and sewing. Now we're having a few sunny days and I'm really getting spring fever!
The quilt pictured here started from leftovers that I purchased of the Bears! It is actually UFO #18. I made happy squares and used them in a quilt or two for Sunshine and had Bev in Alaska quilt them and send them on to either Wrapped in Smiles or Wrap Them in Love. I had a few happy blocks left and a major piece of the bear fabric and just enough of the black and tan checks to make a strippy quilt. The fabric I used for the back is actually a very nice fabric I bought at a LQS in Durango, CO for another project, but after it sat for awhile the project just didn't ring any bells for me and so I just used it up as a backing. Luckily I had some blender that I could use for a binding! I tried doing some heart quilting across the top. I used a stencil for the design and it came out just "okay" but not too bad. Some stencil designs lend themselves to quilting better than others. I just free motioned the rest of the quilt in loops and curves. I outlined the bears at the bottom.
I sandwiched some UFO's ready to quilt, but, they are awaiting my wrist healing a bit from overuse. I started some piecing on a new project~~Yippee! Something new! I'm going to have to find some fabric to use as borders etc. ...Will post pictures later!