Wednesday, March 31, 2010

UFO #25

When I got this quilt back from the quilter, Tommye in Moab, I couldn't help but think of my sister.

When I was in high school, my parents built a new house and my sister wanted her bedroom purple.  This was much to the dismay of my mother, but to her credit, she relented and let my sis have a purple room--(Mom hates purple).

While sewing down the binding for this, I just felt I needed to give it to my sis.  So it is now boxed up and on its way to Atlanta.  The blocks are from a birthday block exchange that I joined in on.  This quilt used the blocks that went with the lavendar theme.  I added the friendship stars and the strings to make it up to size.
This is the other quilt made from birthday blocks that I finished last week.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I absolutely love these quilts! What a great way to use string blocks. I never thought of combining them with another block - and the friendship star is a great one to use. Thanks so much for the idea, I really love it!

QuiltSue said...

Lovely quilts, both of them.

Helen in the UK said...

Love both these quilts. The string blocks really give great movement :)

Beth said...

I also had a purple bedroom much to my Mom's dismay. We talked about it before she died last year. She had decided by then that lavender/purple was OK.