Friday, April 9, 2010
Finally, that wallhanging is finished!
This wallhanging has been on my UFO list for some time. I found the fabric at different times and when I finally started putting it together, I didn't like it. I took out some seams and started again. The giraffe applique I got from another quilter that used some of the same fabric and the giraffe applique. I love that applique and now I may use it on other quilts for kids--it is really a fun one. I wish I knew who it was, so that I could give credit, but I have long since lost that. Often with African screen print fabric, it is a little uneven or printed on the fabric crooked, but I don't think when looking at the quilt "in person" it's noticable. All in all, I'm really happy with the quilt. I may still add some beads along the bottom, but for now I'm calling it complete! This is UFO # 26--just 10 more to go. Just a fun note--my hairdresser loved this quilt and I'm now "commissioned" to make one similar for her. I'll never do two exactly alike, but I'll have fun with one for her too!