Friday, April 9, 2010

Finally, that wallhanging is finished!


This wallhanging has been on my UFO list for some time.  I found the fabric  at different times and when I finally started putting it together, I didn't like it.  I took out some seams and started again.  The giraffe applique I got from another quilter that used some of the same fabric and the giraffe applique.  I love that applique and now I may use it on other quilts for kids--it is really a fun one.   I wish I knew who it was, so that I could give credit, but I have long since lost that.  Often with African screen print fabric, it is a little uneven or printed on the fabric crooked, but I don't think when looking at the quilt "in person" it's noticable.  All in all, I'm really happy with the quilt.  I may still add some beads along the bottom, but for now I'm calling it complete!  This is UFO # 26--just 10 more to go.  Just a fun note--my hairdresser loved this quilt and I'm now "commissioned" to make one similar for her.  I'll never do two exactly alike, but I'll have fun with one for her too!

2 comments:

Carol E. said...

oh, my. Do I love that quilt or what?? Fabulous!

QuiltSue said...

I love the giraffe.