Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm Back!

We've been in California and not a single picture to post.  It was absolutely gorgeous there!  With all the rains, everything was green and floral and just beautiful----but also very glad to be back into my old routine. 

This quilt, I took with me to finish the binding.  I'm saving it for the birthday of a 7 yr. old whose dad is in prison.  She likes pink, and horses.  I have some other fabric and if I don't get it made into a quilt, I'll send this one and make a flannel pillowcase out of some cute pink "horse" fabric. 

This quilt is made from a 6.5 x 9.5 block with the white strip in the middle.  I tried making a yellow 1 inch strip on either side of the white 2 inch strip and then using the scrappy pieces I've saved in a bag for "pink" quilts.  Most fabrics were from stash.  The pink border and the inside pieces are from a Moda fabric I purchased on Green Fairy Quilts.

3 comments:

mkhquilts said...

Patti-That is so cute! I like the pink with the white middles. It also looks great with the diamond blocks! Mary H

Helen in the UK said...

Welcome back! The quilt is gorgeous. The white centres with yellow either side seem to give it a slightly 3D effect. I'm sure the little girl will be thrilled :)

Carol E. said...

I love the pink strings quilt! It definitely looks 3D as Helen said. I'm making a Wrapped in Hope quilt, too, although I haven't started. Mine is due in December.