Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I've Got a Decision to Make





















Dang, my photos are showing my shadow, but, I'm posting this picture to show my quandry.  I've got the fabric now to start my niece's wedding quilt, and am really getting excited to do that, and then I found a partial row that I've put in upside down.  Can you find it?  Is it a big enought error to take the time to "rippit?"   I'm letting it sit while I start the other quilt.  This is one of my UFO's and it's number 32 of 36 and I really want to be done with that list!  Maybe that is skewing my reasoning....


10 a.m.  As often is the case, a deep breath, a plunge into the problem and the resulting fix was worth it!  Glad I took the first photo so that I could see the problem.  I took the photo to see if the difference white showed up--then I found the other problem.  Now that it is fixed I'll press it, go drink a cup of coffee and pour over some quilt magazines, take a long soak in the tub and begin my day again.  I started at about 3:30 this morning when I couldn't sleep--so now I'll go relax a bit before tackling the borders and the quilting.  I would really like to get it all out of the way before I start that wedding quilt!

4 comments:

Carol E. said...

Glad you fixed it... and there must be something in the air, because I couldn't sleep, either, and started sewing at 4:30 a.m.

QuiltSue said...

Well I have to say I had to look hard to see it, but if you hadn't fixed it, it was always going to niggle at you I think.

Mary said...

This is looking good! I did see it so I'm glad you fixed it but like you I always spend some time debating whether it's really worth fixing.

Mary said...

I also meant to say that I really should get my top quilted. I've been working on my MaryQuilts.com site today and realizing just how many of those still need quilting!