Thursday, May 13, 2010

UFO's # 29 and 30 Done!




















A year ago I purchased a package of Amy Butler's Mod Midwest in a sampler kit.  I wanted to do this quilt and had the strips cut from those 1/8 yd strips into 2.5 inch strips and 1.5 inch strips.  I changed my mind and thought I'd try a bento box pattern.  I wasn't particularly loving that so I returned to this original design.  I added coordinating pastel colored plain strips to make it through this quilt and this is what I got.  Pattern for this is here:  http://www.maryquilts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Half-Square-Strings.pdf

This is made from leftover strings, and I actually have enough left for another one similar to this.  It made a nice baby sized quilt.  Now to complete the bento box quilt and the other baby quilt...just need to purchase more batting and backings.

No comments: