Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I've Joined the Nine Patch Summer Challenge!--Links to some Tutorials



The past two days I got into a bit of diversion.  I had a small sandwich bag filled with 1.5 inch squares I'd been saving.  I decided to use them in a challenge to myself to make some 9-patch squares.  Well, what can I say---it sort of got out of hand.  Now from that small bag of scraps I have 30 fall type colors in a 3.5 inch completed 9-patch blocks; 11 brights, and 11 pastels. 

I'm taking the autumn colors and using them in a double nine patch.  I've cut all the colors and the block will look like this:




I'll be making it into a top that will be 5 blocks across and 6 blocks down and then I'll add borders.  But, I'll be using this as leaders and enders while working on my other quilts. 

This blog tells more of the 9-patch challenge and how to use pieces as leaders and enders:


2 comments:

mkhquilts said...

I have a whole bunch of 1.5 in squares just dying to be used! I have been doing 4 patches using the leader/ender method, and now have enough of them to think about doing a double four patch. Next I think I will do the little 9 patches. Thanks for the great idea!!

QuiltSue said...

I'm going to love this quilt I know, cos of the colours!