Sunday, June 20, 2010

UFO #35 Completed--one more to go for a finish!


Long ago I bought some panels of Very Hungry Caterpillar in hopes of making a quilt for a new grandchild.  Wasn't something their mothers requested so the panels languished for a few years.  With my challenge to self of finishing up ufo's I decided to finish these panels.

True, I took the panel and bordered it rather than following a pattern I found online.  I just in all honesty wanted a finish.  Then it turned out bigger than I thought, so I bordered it until it made a twin size.  Thought I'd give it to a grandson for his new bed and then it just seemed too "young" for him, so it'll go to the Family Connections Center locally for a child who just may need a cover for a new bed.  Quilted by Judy on her longarm, using up the last of the donated Fairfield Batting.  This batting is to be used only for a donation quilt as this will be. 

No comments: