Saturday, July 10, 2010

Bears for Grandson!

With the help of a couple of cheater panels and the big log cabin blocks this quilt is about ready for the quilter and we'll have it done for DGS's birthday at the end of this month.  I fell in love with the bears and with a very outdoors family, this will be perfect for him.  (Moda panel called Buddies and the other bears are from another line, but they were close enough to work with the whole top)  He's moving into a room of his own, and this will help decorate it, I hope.
The bottom part of the quilt top.  Just need a border to add some length and a bit for balance on the sides.  I have some brown that I think will work really well.  I overbought on the greens, so I'm sure I'll find a use for it.  Have some cute "no girls allowed" fabric that I was going to use in the quilt, but I'm going to make a pillow case from it instead. 


This picture is for Helen in UK:The squares are 2 inches and the HST's were from another project that I thought I'd start someday.  I think they were 10 inches and then I made HST's from them.  The squares were from another project and I used up all my 30's fabric for this.  YEA!!!   I wish I had a picture of the other project, but I gave it away before I snagged a picture.  Anyhow it's a lap quilt and still in the flimsy stage.  I got the idea on stashbusters yahoo group from a quilt that Listmom Sandra made and I thought "b/w would work for that"  so I took the leap and I liked the outcome.

5 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Those bears are adorable, glad you finally found a way to make them work!!
Love the second quilt you showed esp for me!! The black & whites really contast well with the softer colours and create some great diagonal stripes. Thanks for sharing :)

Helen in the UK said...

Just had another look at the hst quilt and noticed one of the triangles is flipped the wrong way. See the one under the right hand red square, the black should be against the red shouldn't it?

Pattilou said...

Yep! You're right. I looked at that for so long before sewing it and still didn't see it. Sometimes I'm so dyslexic that it's a pain! Thanks, I'll rippit!

p

QuiltSue said...

I bet your grandson loves his bear quilt?

QuiltSue said...

I bet your grandson loves his bear quilt?