Friday, August 13, 2010

Nine Patches Finished and Will Become A Wedding Gift



When I started this quilt, it's purpose was to use up fabric and make some 9 patches.   See:  HERE
I changed the pattern a bit using a different color in each corner. 

Recently, I learned my hairdresser was getting married and also that she and her intended bought a condo.  So, I asked if I could give her a quilt.  Autumn colors is what she likes and so I finished this quilt for her.  The post describing the challenge: HERE


It's a lap quilt.  I do hope she likes it.  I'll find out next week when I go get my hair done.  She's the one I also made a giraffe quilt for and I thought I'd get a batik quilt done for her, but I've just not got enough time in the day to complete something totally new--and get it quilted before the wedding!

Side note:  with the 60 done by June 24 and 39 sent to Sunshine for Bev, brings my total of 99 more than qualifies as a block a day for summer, even if that's not exactly how I did it!  At least the challenge got me to complete this quilt!!!

2 comments:

Carol E. said...

I love it! Simple yet beautiful.

QuiltSue said...

It's beautiful, and if they don't like it, it would look really good on my sofa!