Friday, September 24, 2010

Two Things...

Home from the hospital and have a new knee!  I got home from the hospital a couple of days ago.  Yesterday I had my first shower!  Whoopee!  The water was so soothing.  I'm getting around on my crutches and driving my DH nuts, so I must be getting better!


Talked with my sis yesterday.  She has a dear friend who pops in on her often and has sort of adopted my sis.  The other day, I sent her a quilt.  It's one I completed awhile back and just hadn't decided where it would go.  After talking with my sis one day, I knew that she would be the kind of person who would love a quilt.  I was right.  When receiving the box with the quilt in it, she fondly caressed the quilt with so much love that after my sis's description, I knew it had been sent to the right person.  Often, I don't get to know of the recipient's reception of the quilt and the description warmed my heart.  One day, I would like to meet this genteel lady who cares for a 92 year old man, with little of worldly goods, but has a special heart and lives from that place in her heart that gives her direction and the empathy she has to assist others.  What a woman!


Cheryl's New Quilt


5 comments:

Cheri said...

Glad you are home and doing so well. I've missed your posts. Love Cheryl's quilt and her reaction to it.

mkhquilts said...

Glad your getting around on crutches! Keep exercizing that knee! I had mine done sometime ago, and I'm glad I did, but do have to try to xz every day. That was a touching story about the lady you gave a quilt to! Thanks for sharing.

QuiltSue said...

Glad it all went weell. When do you run your first marathon?

Carol E. said...

Glad your knee is doing well and that the friend appreciated that LOVELY quilt. It's gorgeous!

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on your new knee. Hope you heal well and fast so that you are soon back to stitching! The quilt you gave to you sister's friend is lovely - glad to hear she appreciated it :)