Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Fall Color Find

Sunday, I found some partially completed blocks and I decided to finish up the blocks and get a quilt done.  With no particular idea in mind I found I had 24 blocks which in this case made a square.  So rather than make more blocks, I decided to try a piano border.  Then I wanted some burgany for the border and found this unused stash piece with fall colors. 
I had a two yard piece of some bronze color that I had purchased last January for some kind of HST quilt that I had long since forgotten about and couldn't find the colors needed or wanted.  It worked perfectly with this quilt.  I have gotten to adding a strip of crumb blocks to the backings as it makes them wide enough to fit a nice size lap quilt.

7 comments:

QuiltSue said...

I love it. The black strips seem to make the squares into 3D cubes somehow.

Helen in the UK said...

Great job on using up those stray blocks ... love the back too :)

Sand and Sunshine said...

Oh a found project that you wrapped up in a snap, that's great.

Cheri said...

I really like the crumb blocks used on the back. I've made a bunch but haven't put them in a top yet. This is a really pretty quilt.

Linda said...

Love these kind of backs!!

Nann said...

I like the piano keys for extending the length of the quilt. It looks great, both back and front.

Quiltinggirl said...

I think back-art is almost as interesting as the front of the quilt, because it's always such a surprize. Your's looks good. :o)