From the box I received from Bev in Alaska's stash were some little triangles done in batik. I didn't have navy so I used what dark blue I had and made some blocks. I also had some red and made some coordinating blocks. The quilt above is from those blocks and then adding some plain blocks to extend what was from Bev's stash.
I needed one more block to make it a more balanced quilt, but I used what I have leaving me with an odd block--but I'll find a place for it. I left what I had on a bed and just wondered what I'd do. I really could have used more plain red--but I didn't have any more. Needed one more block in blue and didn't have that either. Finally, I just attacked the six blocks I'd assembled with borders! It grew into a fun quilt. I used stencils to draw some quilting designs and I'm now quite happy with an addition to quilts in memory of Bev.