Sunday, October 17, 2010

Making Quilts from Bev's Stash

Taking pastels from someone's stash when yours doesn't quite match in the value/tone turns up a wild, fun extension of color from a pale peach to a vibrant copper colored sunflower center!
Add a strip of some crumbs to some really pretty--yeh, I know the picture doesn't do justice to the color--deep avacado Patrick Loosee fabric and the back looks like this.

Then take some 6.5 inch squares and combine with some 9 patches and a colorful quilt is born.  I had the small black and white checks on my cutting table from another project and thought they would make a fun border--they did!
This backing is some I bought from someone else in a yahoo group--I think I just helped pay for the postage.  They are what I call funky monkeys, hence the name of the quilt.  They are rather strange monkeys and now some unused fabrics have found a home and two more quilts are ready for Sunshine in Memory of Bev (in Alaska).

2 comments:

QuiltSue said...

You're really making good use of the fabrics. These are great, fun, cheerful quilts.

Kate said...

I love this post, dear. And Bev would love it too.

Kathleen from Sunshine