Thursday, November 4, 2010

From Scrap to This in Two Days!

It just kept getting more fun to make the scraps into this quilt.  I found some batiks that I loved, but hadn't used in anything yet and just add them to the quilt.
I practiced my feathers--still a long way from where I'd like them to be, but they are getting more free in the loops, from my first try a few months ago.
 The backing was from a 4 yard piece that had been in my stash awhile too.  Used Signature "Autumn" for topquilting and Bottom Line for the backing.

5 comments:

judith lockhart said...

I like your new quilt! Amazing what you can do with scraps and the colors are just perfect for fall!

Quiltsmiles said...

Beautiful quilt, and to thik it started with a bunch of scraps, you'd never believe it. Jane

QuiltSue said...

What a great quilt.

Lisa Echerd said...

Great quilt. Love the colors. Wish I could get something done that fast!

quiltmom said...

Very pretty quilt- I love your combination of batiks- they are so fun.
You would have like the festival we attended today. It was a group of musicians who raise awareness of the homeless in our city. They have had this afternoon for the past 8 years- all door money is given to the coalition to help reduce homelessness in our city.
The music was great and the issue important.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower.
Regards,
Anna