Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Sewing Machine is Back!























I'm so excited to have my machine back that I quickly bound this UFO that was waiting for that.  DH got so tired of hearing me complain about the Featherweight and how slow it was that he told me to take it in for repair and put it on the "plastic."

This little quilt is made from 4 patches from the last of two pieces of fabrics in Memory of Helen of Wrap Them in Love. 




Quilted by Rebecca for Charitable giving.  This will go to Wrap Them in Love.


This picture shows the pastels a bit better than the posting of the previous day.  This is a simple quilt from scraps in Bev's fabrics.  It will be sent to Wrap Them in Love in her memory.  I simply did meadering quilting as quite honestly, I just didn't want to spend more time on it.  It isn't one of my favorite pieces.  I'm not all that fond of pastel colors, but DH likes it and it has a nice comfy flannel backing, so it should be welcomed by someone, at least that is the hope as we take scraps and turn them into something useful.  So, that is saying "project success at completetion."

3 comments:

QuiltSue said...

I'm so glad your machine is back, now there'll be no holding you back will there?

Helen in the UK said...

Woo hoo, the machine is back! I see you're putting it to good use already ... way to go :)

Kathy T. said...

I'm excited along with you 'cause your machine is back! I love the soft, cuddly colors of the quilt from Helen's fabric. Ellen at WTIL will be so pleased to see this one.