Wednesday, January 12, 2011

No Bonnie Hunter am I...

I've admired Bonnie Hunter's work immensely.  She has influenced the quilting world more than I even dare imagine.  But, I cannot store bits and pieces like she does long enough to make big quilts like hers. 

That is what is so fun about quilting.  We don't have to be "LIKE" someone else to be influenced by them.  When I get some strays, I put them in small sandwich bags and when too many start piling up I usually send them off somewhere.  This morning, I made some into blocks.  I had some Fairy Frost Red cut into HST's and I put them together into some blocks.  Didn't have too many and I don't really like Fairy Frost Red, so off to Sunshine Yahoo Group Lotto they go.  Also pictured are some red/white hearts I found in Bev's box.  Not enough to do much with, but enough to make some blocks and then send them off for the February Lotto (red).  I'm still looking for blue/yellow for this months.  Don't have much as I got rid of all that, but I've got some.  Who knows what I'll come up with for that.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hi PattiLou - love your Sunshine Lotto Blocks... Kathleensu