Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Slow Start for 2011

With the "death" of my Bernina, I have been trying to piece with my Featherweight.  I found I needed a true quarter inch foot--received it in the mail yesterday, but I spent the afternoon playing with machines at the place I took my Bernie for appraisal of repair possibilites and costs.

I love the Janome 7700!!!  I played with it in spite of the lady at the store not knowing much about it, we figured lots out together and I played and played.  Had so much fun.  I really would like to own one, but I'll wait out the appraisal of my other machine before I make a final decision.  (Spent some hours combing over the budget too).  It's all good, I keep telling myself.    Anyhow, I tried some strings to play with the Featherweight machine.  I finished a top Sunday evening:
I used many strings from a shoe box full and it doesn't seem quite as full, but I swear strings multiply when you're not looking!  I had some odd 1/2 yard pices from a purchase a couple of years ago that I made into strings to add some variety and used one of those pieces for the border.  I still have enough I think for one more top using lavendar center strips.

I worked on a top, yesterday a.m. for Grandson's friend.  It's from pieces left from his "surfer" quilt.  It is nearly finished and soon I'll call the quilter and see if she can help me out on this one.

So far, this a.m. I've read, biked 1.6 miles and had a cup of coffee.  I'm ready now for more coffee and a trip to the sewing room.

Best wishes for my readers in their goals and acheivements for 2011.

No comments: