Monday, February 14, 2011

Checking in then out!

My computer keeps turning off after it's been on for awhile.  So I'll be taking it in to the dealer and guru and see if he can fix it!  Probably take a couple of days.  I did want to post my lastest little quilty thing--mug rugs!
I joined a swap and this was my first mug rug to be sent off today in fact:
I've seen some from the pictures with nearly perfect binding--can't get mine to be quite that perfect!  But I really had fun with this one!

The next one was a block from a quilt class that I took on NY Beauty Blocks.  This is my second block and probably my last!  I listed these in my UFO list, but I'm taking the strips I've cut and I'll try something else.  Paperpiecing and me just don't mix!  Life is too short.  I love how they look, but I'm so dyslexic I'm picking the seams out all the time--and that paper on the back!  Even damp, I hate it!  I tried forcing it--don't like the finish, so DH has a mug rug now.

So next I took the charms pack of coffee fabric I'd purchased online and made this: 

So this one and the top one and a couple of cute fat quarters are winging their way to Norway!
These darn things are getting addictive!  ...and I still have some 2.5 inch pieces that will make their way into more mug rugs!  These rugs finish out at 10" by 6".  Here is a flicker site with some fun pictures of mug rugs for this particular swap. Flickr group

1 comment:

QuiltSue said...

Uh oh, don't want to worry you, but that's just what my previous laptop was doing. In the end, after spending money on a techie who couldn't find the problem when he came, I gave up and bought a new one.

Mug rugs are very addictive I find and they're so lovely and quick to do - almost instant gratification.