Thursday, February 3, 2011

Puttering...

I've become too much of an adult!  Watching children, there usually isn't "finish" in their vocabulary.  They play.  My UFO list has gotten into my brain and "finish" has become the mindset and yesterday I switched that.  I PLAYED!  I PUTTERED!  I mindlessly just worked on several things as if at once.

A couple of things turned into more than three.  This is my cutting table at the end of the day:

Do you see some fun colors and fun things there!  I do.  First, I took two 12.5 inc blocks and made them into placemats.  No-o-o-o they are NOT finished, but they are ready to back and make into something to go with a table topper I was quilting when I ran out of thread--the thread arrived probably two weeks ago and I still haven't gotten back to it...  maybe soon!

The next thing, I found some fun African fabric I purchased to finish a quilt.  I decided to make it into a wallhanging for my sewing room.  The walls are bare in there and I've decided to decorate it with wallhangings--nothing matching--just things and colors I LOVE!!!

Played with some itty bitty squares I'd been saving and came up with a possible mug mat.


Pulled out this fabric and began cutting it for that wallhanging I'd been promising myself for over two years.  I've already started some pinwheels for it and have save some very fun fabric.  Not that any of this is world turning with snow covering most of the US and war in Egypt--I escaped into my own little world.
...And I watched Les Miserables twice--now ready to part with it and send it back to Netflix.  My doldrums have vanished and I'm ready to face the dentist today!

3 comments:

Carol E. said...

What a fun day! I intend to have some like that as soon as I finish what I need to turn in for the quilt show. Almost there!

QuiltSue said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Cheri said...

Playing a day or two allows us to take up the adulthood again. Glad you are wise enough to do it occasionally. I find 3 or 4 times a week is good. LOL