Thursday, March 10, 2011

ABC Quilt Ready

I joined a swap a couple of years ago and had lots of ABC groups.  This is the third ABC quilt I've finished this year and UFO #19.

I found this back and it just seemed to go:

The binding is called Drums of Africa and is  radom off white dots on black.  The sticker said 10 yards and I've only 3 yards left.  It has gone with lots of quilts and designs.  It was a great purchase from Thousands of Bolts for only apprx. $4 a yard.  I have some other fabrics from that line that I still want to make into an African styled quilt.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

congratulations on finding a fabric for every letter in the alphabet.... what did you use for X can't actually see this one on my monitor and i am looking for inspiration...

Pattilou said...

The x's were swirly rows of black and white x's. I think x fabric is probably one of the hardest to find. On another it was an x-ray type picture. That's what makes I spy quilts more lucrative--you can use anything!

QuiltSue said...

I love it when I find a fabric that works in lots of quilts, but hate it when I am down to about the last 1/4 yard of it!