Monday, March 7, 2011

UFO #15 Complete

How to put blocks together that don't seem to fit?!!!  I had these blocks from Bev's stash and I wondered how I would put them together.  What was a "neutral" that I could use without purchasing any fabric.  I combed my stash and found a brown that seemed to work:
I borrowed a setting from someone else--wish I knew and I'd give them credit...

I don't have any calico fabric in my stash so this was a stretch, but I found a paisley for the back that seemed to not detract from the quilt and I had plenty as I love paisley and this was on a great sale:

So a quilt is now finished and ready to send to Wrap Them in Love in Memory of Bev.

6 comments:

Linda_J said...

Hurray for finishes! I do pro bono quilts for WTIL as well. I think it is fantastic that you and others are carrying on Bev B's work and making some pretty quilts as you do so.

Kathy T. said...

What a great way to unify those blocks! Very creative.

sdpattie said...

Love the setting that you used. What is the measurement of this quilt?

Pattilou said...

The size is 37 x 54" the blocks were about 14 inches unfinished and the borders were 4.5 inches, but I think they could be adjusted for any size block. There were just 4 of this size block in the box I got, so this setting worked well.
Thanks for the visit.
Pat

QuiltSue said...

Your setting solution was great, and I love the backing fabric you used.

Appalachian Quilts said...

I LOVE that paisley! :)

Blessings...