Saturday, April 30, 2011

Weekend Sewing

 Note:  If you got here from http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/2011/09/can-i-get-whoop-whoop-seriously.html
 I really don't know how I linked to this post, but here is a newer one: http://pattilousquilts.blogspot.com/2011/09/ugly-duckling-challenge.html
 Technology--sometimes it just gets the best of me!!!    LOL!

The weekend is here and I've got a cold or something....urgh!  But, I'm trying to sew together some squares into a split nine patch block.  Nothing exciting--just trying to use up some 3.5 inch squares and fabric I've used in other quilts and I'm oh so tired of most of the pieces--but I think it will come together in a warm patchy quilt for donation.
 The working area.   ...and the blocks I've finished so far and then I've added the completed top.

9 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I just love scrappy and this is going to look fantastic. Oh, I so understand getting tired of looking at the same piece of fabric - shhhh, I thing I have one green floral that multiplies overnight!

Quiltsmiles said...

Nice looking scrap blocks, I think it should make into a great quilt. Sometimes mindless piecing is the best medicine for what ails you. Hope you feel better soon.

Jane

QuiltSue said...

That is a great quilt. I love the design, is it your own or a pattern?

Helen in the UK said...

Looks like a great top that you made with your 'unloved' fabrics. Hope you're feeling better soon :)

Sarah Craig said...

What a beautiful quilt top!! You've worked magic with those scraps. Whoop whoop!!!

Deb said...

I love those quilts too! Those stupid squares multiply like strings in MY box. I have made 4 of those quilts, and am not tired of them-yet! But I either have to keep going, or give away some squares. I did find another pattern for them tho, Star Sprinkles, by Terry Atkinson.I just cut out one, in a fabric group, but plan to hit the pile of 3 1/2" squares for the next one-really scrappy!!
Nice Job.

harleywife57 said...

Oh this is very lovely ! who would know it was scraps ?

Carla said...

I love scrappy and this is such a great quilt!

Sarah Craig said...

Beautiful quilt - I love scrappy!!! It just seems so much cozier!! Whoop whoop!!