Saturday, April 2, 2011

Where Do All the Scraps Go?

Many of you have wondered how I could part with my leftovers. 

Let me give you a visual!

First was the quilt for Granddaughter:
Next came the leftover quilt:
Then came these:

...and these:


If you look closely, you'll see the small 1.5 inch blocks from the Nostalgia collection.  I've completed a top from the first set--the one with the 9 patches in the center of each block.  I've saved some 1.5 inch squares to make a quilttop from the above block.

...So you see I'm really ready to let things go!  Don't forget to sign up for the give-away.  Monday morning at 9:00 a.m. MDT.
Big surprise:  My quilter brought by a quilt I've been waiting for.  Can't wait to get it bound so I can share it here!  Until Monday--happy weekend!

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh I know how you feel. I have been working with the same green fabrics right into their bits over 4 quilts. The little bit left is being passed on - I have seen it enough. But the person receiving will be tickled as it is not something they have used and will add to their colour palette.

Kate said...

Isn't it the truth - those leftovers seem to go forever!!!

QuiltSue said...

You really made the most of the fabric there. I'm not surprised if you're ready to let go of the rest, but I am surprised that there is any left!

klccreations said...

I love your granddaughters quilt! Beautiful! And, you were able to get another quilt out of the leftovers. Wow!