Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blogger's Quilt Festival

 Guess I really don't know how to use Mr. Linky!  If you got here from   http://www.swimbikequilt.com/2011/09/all-about-quilting-quilting-your-first.html                                                       

Please go here for the post about my donation quilt to be in the 100 Quilts For Kids.  My donation of this quilt will go to the local Family Connections Center.
http://pattilousquilts.blogspot.com/2011/08/its-about-time-for-finish.html
 Sorry for the second link.  Maybe next time I'll figure it out!  LOL!!!  Thanks for the visit!

I really wasn't going to enter a quilt this time.  Didn't think I had anything worthwhile to add and then I remembered this fun quilt that now hangs in my sewing room:


I had been saving the cute quilter fabric and the blue pinwheels for quite awhile and then I decided to just sew them together.

I quilted it on my DSM.
I love this fun quilt.  It seems like a liberated quilt to me and I had lots of fun blocking it out.

 Amy's Blogger Quilt Festival is HERE





19 comments:

Carla said...

It is definitely a fun quilt! I'm sure it looks great in your sewing room. I really like the checkered black/white and the pinwheels. Makes it all pop.

Sara said...

The pinwheels are beautiful and a nice feature of this quilt:)

Amy said...

very nice. sometimes it is hard to cut into panels.. I never know what to do with them.

Sandra said...

Hey Pat,
What a fun quilt, I like how you combined the panel fabric with the pieced and plain blocks. The black and white binding is the perfect finishing touch.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting on both my entries. Thought you might like Cheddar Stars over Moab.

QuiltSue said...

That is a fun quilt. I love it.

Quiltbenaco said...

Una trapunta simpatica e bella!
grazie della visita!
Ciao

JudyInMaine said...

I love your playful quilt, but I also like your blog photo of you wrapped in a quilt....nifty idea.....

Michele Bilyeu said...

That line of ladies cracks me up every single time I see them in a quilt! I've used them in potholders too and they were a huge hit. Love your sense of liberated style and your pieced wonky baskets etc are just great!

Kari said...

So fun! I think my favorite part is actually the binding. It is the perfect touch to finish off the delightful design.

Quiltin' Jenny said...

What a cute way to use that novelty print. I'm always stuck with those, even though I love them.

Thanks for sharing.

felicity said...

Love how you incorporated the panel into a really fun quilt. Thanks for sharing!

Debbie said...

Fun - I like the addition of the pinwheels!

Anne at Film and Thread said...

How fun and I'm glad you decided to enter the festival. My favorite part is how the black and white binding adds such a good contrast.

Angela Flicker said...

Cute quilt! The pinwheels look great and I love the ladies ;)

stitchinpenny said...

I hope you were aiming for fun with this quilt because you hit it squarely.

Cathi said...

What a fabulous fun quilt -- perfect to hang in a sewing room!

Laurel H. said...

That IS a bright, fun quilt!

Karen said...

This is a great fun quilt. Great colours and I love all the prints.

Eileen said...

Darling quilt. Love the fabrics and layout. Sweet to spend so much time giving to others! Thanks for sharing and have a great day