Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Liberated First Border Complete!

After auditioning the colors, I've selected these
for the first border: triangles.



 These were the guidelines:
1st Round-- TRIANGLES
Using liberated triangles, add one or more pieces strips to your initial block. All four sides do not have to be the same design.
You might opt for asymmetrical borders, adding only 1 or two sides to your block. Add plain borders between the rounds, as desired.

Triangles include HSTs, a dog-tooth border, tall & skinny or short & squat...stars made from triangle units...Exquisite blocks...etc.

Other participant's blocks can be seen HERE:

5 comments:

piche said...

These look lovely, Pattilou!
....darlene

sophie said...

Gorgeous! I'm hoping my life will settle itself soon, so I can jump in (and catch up) with everyone. I think some very interesting quilts are being made.

QuiltSue said...

Woww, it's fantastic. Look forward to seeing where you go with this.

Debbie said...

This is beautiful. and I love the whimsey and tilting of the pinwheels in the border.

QuiltSue said...

I love your new header too.