Saturday, May 21, 2011

Wrapping Up a Week

This photo shows the various boxes and packages ready for mailing.  They include tops and fabrics to Iowa, tops and backs to Oklahoma, Lotto blocks to Texas, and Vintage Dresden Plate cut fabrics to Norway.  (and other miscellaneous mail).  It felt good to box up those things and actually get them mailed out.











Yesterday was just one of those days.  The coughing has kept me from fully functioning now for almost a month.  I couldn't get into my regular doctor, so I went to a clinic within the block of my house.  Don't know why I didn't go sooner, but I really HATE taking antibiotics.  But, now I'm on them and hope to spend less time on the couch.  I did get the instructions for our Liberated Round Robin and spent the time mulling over the fabrics that I have that would include triangles:

1st Round-- TRIANGLES
Using liberated triangles, add one or more pieces strips to your initial block. All four sides do not have to be the same design.
You might opt for asymmetrical borders, adding only 1 or two sides to your block. Add plain borders between the rounds, as desired.

Triangles include HSTs, a dog-tooth border, tall & skinny or short & squat...stars made from triangle units...Exquisite blocks...etc.


I'm not quite sure how I'll border the main block, but I have an idea.  Now for the energy to do some sewing!  The sun may come out today which will work miracles for my attitude, and general well being, I'm sure!!!

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

The pile of mail outs looks like my weekly pile lately - I think I am at the finish of a lot of projects.

I hope you get well soon - yes you took too long! Take care of yourself.