Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'm Having a Bit of an Identity Crisis!

When I'm quilting, I can do two things fairly well on my home sewing machine.  I can use the walking foot and quilt in the ditch or I can free motion without following a pattern--sort of free style.  I'm trying to quilt this quilt that is quite stylized and doesn't lend itself to free form quilting.  The exact curves of the NYB blocks doesn't go well with my free style.  I'm not sure just what to do.  I had trouble with thread breaking yesterday and I've finally got that fixed, but after picking out umpteen hundred stitches yesterday, I'm not really ready to do that again, but I can say I'm not really crazy about how this is looking.
 When it's up on the wall, at a distance, I'm thinking it won't be that noticeable--but I'm not sure.  Maybe I'll just finish it and put it up in my sewing room.  Eeeek, I'm hating this project more and more.

1 comment:

QuiltSue said...

I think it looks great. I love the way the curves repeat the circular shapes of the blocks.