Friday, June 3, 2011

June Flowers in a Quilt


Quilts are happier after washing, but I think the pictures look better before washing.  Anyhow this is a quilt made from the scraps from a couple of other quilts.  The nine patch centers are 1.5 inch squares from the quilt in the last blog entry--from the Nostalgia line.  The pastel greens I had on hand seemed to blend well with it all and I had some neutral off white from the backing of another quilt.  

Judy's quilting is shown in a close up. 

Here is a previous post with close up pictures of the blocks: HERE

It's so soft and feminine after washing, it may be hard to give away.  I think the pictures just don't do it full justice.  I did machine bind the binding.  I love doing that as it speeds up the process a great deal! 

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely finish - sometimes it is so hard to let special quilts go.

QuiltSue said...

It is beautiful and very summery somehow. I don't think I'd be able to part with that one either.