Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mindlessly Sewing

Yesterday I sewed string blocks.  Sometimes it is just a mindless activity that allows my mind to wander and sew at the same time.  Some days it is my therapy.  Yesterday was one of those days.

As I saw pieces of fabric, a quilt began to form in my mind.  An old habit of making shopping lists on envelopes emerged and I drew out what was in my head on the envelope.  The calculator helped make the measurements fit for a kid friendly quilt.

 My Workspace for Strings:

I made an order yesterday for some lime green Bottom Line thread for my quilt that is now sandwiched.  forgot to mention here that I found some wonderful Rebecca Carter flannel for the backing of my batik quilt, and now it is sandwiched and ready to quilt.  I think I'll try the lime green thread on the bottom and YLI invisible poly on the top.  I'll experiment first.  When I finish this string quilt, it will have big enough spaces to practice some free hand quilting.

No comments: