Monday, June 13, 2011

So What Exactly is Vintage?

I did a Google Search for Vintage Fabrics and I think this would be one!  I loved the colors, but the pattern of it didn't really do much for me, but it came from Bev in Alaska's stash and I thought I could make a small quilt from it.  I added a border to the top and the bottom and backed it with a soft light blue flannel.  I even quilted a heart in the corner.
The other quilt I finished from Bev's panel type fabrics in her stash completes the brights using blue.  They are a bit smaller than I usually make, but I had so much fun with the quilting!  I let my little child come out and play on these!

Here is an up close of the quilting:
 And the heart in the corner is wonky too!
 

2 comments:

Kate said...

they are adorable, Patti!

Kathy T. said...

Oh, I do like those dancing farmers ... and the ducks and the chickens and the sheep! Very cute.