Thursday, June 16, 2011

This and That!

The drawer that I keep scraps was full to overflowing!
 It's a small drawer--one I like to use for pieces I cut from bindings.  If I used a bigger drawer, I would get overwhelmed by scraps and any quilter knows OVERWHELM is counter productive to quilting!

I keep things close at hand in a rolling cart that sits by my machine--and yes there's clutter--I seem to be able to work amidst the clutter!
So far I've made these wonky stars from the clutter in the drawer before I folded and put the rest away.
 I had a little outing yesterday and bought 3/4 yd of two pink fabrics and then put it together using this pattern--I looked it up on the internet and it is a project sheet no longer available.
 I had some 9 inch blocks and thought maybe I could use them in this quilt.  I've used this pattern before and liked that I could use 6.5, 9.5 and 12.5 inch blocks.

Now, I just need a border and I'll dig through my stash and see what I can find.  But, for now I'll let DH take me out for a bite to eat and then stop my DS's store for their grand opening.  He's a buyer and the company he works for opened a new store, so he's in town for the opening.
Do you see some definite liberation going on--at least colorwise!!! 

No comments: